disclaimer : the post is just only for sharing the author of the post does not hold copy rights of the content in the post
The following links are in mediafire for download.
1)Download the 4005cwm.bf.img and rename it to recovery.img & send it to sd card of your phone.
2)Download the rom cm7 (gingerbread rom for backflip) and send it to sd card of your phone.
3)Download the android market for your phone and send it to sd card of your phone.
4)Download the android sdk and unzip or extract it to "C" drive of your computer.
5)Download the handset usb drivers for your phone.
i) Handset USB Driver x32 v4.8.0.msi.
ii)Handset USB Driver x64 v4.8.0.msi.
the procedure to root your motorola backflip.type “shell” and hit enter.
- Open command prompt, by typing “cmd” in run.
- Open c drive and navigate to android-sdk_r07-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools.
- Drag n drop the adb.exe in command prompt and in the same line type “start-server”, and hit enter. The ADB server will start. Now plug in your phone make sure its in USB Debugging mode.
- Drag n drop adb.exe again in command prompt and type “shell” and hit enter.type “su” enter and approve the request on phone if prompted, then type
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
the procedure for flashing rom.
- Reboot phone in recovery mode – power off phone –> press and hold camera button –> switch on phone while keeping camera button pressed.Phone will enter fast boot, immediately press volume down key(though will say up pressed) and wait until recovery loads.
- On your recovery menu goto Wipe and select “Wipe all” this will delete all data and cache off your phone.
- Press back button to go back to main recovery menu and select “Flash zip from SD”. You’ll see the text “final test update cm 7.1.0 RC1 BACKFLIP KANG signed.zip ″. Press the home key. ROM will begin flashing :)
- After flashing the Gingerbread you will have to flash the Gapps you downloaded to get Android Market etc.
- After completion, select “Reboot system now”. It may take upto 10-15 minutes to boot for the first time.
the above screenshots of my Motorola Backflip about how it looks after i customized it.